Pupil Deprivation Grant 2017/18
The Pupil population in September 2017 was 632, with the Free School Meal Population reaching 20%.
The school has received a total Pupil Deprivation Grant of £ 142,600 for the academic year 2016/17 and intends to undertake the following activities in order to support pupils facing challenges of poverty and deprivation:
- Maintaining the Wellbeing Team to ensure students are well supported and that barriers to achievement are identified and addressed.
- Maintaining the In/Ex provision that supports pupils on a one-to-one and small group basis in order to secure attainment
- Development of Literacy and Numeracy skills to targeted pupils to secure improvement allowing them to access the curriculum and remove barriers to attainment.
- Attendance and Punctuality monitoring to ensure pupils attendance is not a barrier to attainment.
- Maintaining the Inclusion Programme provision (Achieve) to disaffected pupils through an alternative curriculum leading to recognised qualifications and ensure engagement in school life.
- Maintaining the extra-curricular 'Axis' provision for vulnerable pupils.
The Schools use of the Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) is regularly scrutinised by the Governing Body, supported by advice from EAS and monitored by the local authority.