School Parliament Structure
(Year Council Members + 6th form + pupil governors)
KS3/4 Year Council & two 6th Form associates
Two year Council Members per year group responsible for representing the views of their particular year
(Two representatives per form per term responsible for collating the views of their particular form and communicating it to their year Council Members?
How are candidates elected?
- Form Representatives – Elected by ballot within forms and managed initially by the form tutors.
- Year Council Members – Elected on the basis of a whole year group vote managed by progress managers. Candidates will be required to produce a short video outlining their mission statement. This video will be used as part of the voting process.
- Pupil Governors – This is the role of the Head Boy and Head Girl
How often will meetings take place?
- Whole school parliament – one per half term
- KS3 Year Council – two per half term
- KS4 Year Council – two per half term
- Form Representatives + Year Council Member
All meetings will be included in the whole school calendar and minutes published on the School Parliament section of the website.
All meetings will be from 1 – 1:30 in B01
KS3 Thursday (Week A
KS4 Thursday Week B
FULL PARLIAMENT MEETINGS (all key stage members) WITH MR. WARD
Thursday 20 October 2016
Thursday 1 December 2016
Thursday 2 February 2017
Thursday 30 March 2017
Thursday 18 May 2017
Thursday 29 June 2017